Helping DHL to optimise Asset Performance, and carry out Preventative Maintenance.
DHL is the global market leader in the logistics industry.
They are based in more than 220 countries around the world, with a workforce of over 350,000 employees.
The business offers a comprehensive range of logistics services, including:
- Transporting freight of any size or weight
- Delivering parcels & mail
- Offering superb supply chain solutions
- Providing shared warehousing & distribution operations
Creating additional capacity for product distribution
DHL wanted to create additional capacity for product distribution. This would allow them to fulfil the higher demand for deliveries, caused by the growth of online shopping.
This meant that DHL required a reliable Enterprise Asset Management system that would:
- Help them to effectively monitor & manage assets
- Improve the business’s efficiency & productivity
- Reduce the mean time to repair for each asset
- Provide a comprehensive maintenance history of all assets
- Be implementable at a Southern Hub location in the UK
Peacock Engineering was brought in by DHL to make this possible.
Improving Work Management and Asset Performance
Peacock Engineering installed IBM Maximo Version 7.6, to meet DHL’s requirements. This took place over an 11-week implementation period.
This helped DHL to automate key processes, and therefore:
- Optimise asset performance
- Control and monitor all physical processes
- Maintain robust security of critical systems
- Reduce the likelihood of human error
The Fingertip Mobile solution from Peacock Engineering enables the organisation’s field-based engineers to work on the move and to manage both planned and reactive work in real time.
- Maximum efficiency
- Maximum effectiveness
- Much quicker response & repair times
This provides significant benefits to the business.
What the client said:
“Peacock delivered this project against tight timescales, to ensure we had the system available to capture commissioning defects. It is now providing the benefits we require to keep the facility fully maintained.”
Project Manager, DHL
Optimising DHL’s work efficiency through effective asset management
Since the installation of IBM Maximo version 7.6, DHL is benefiting from:
- Optimal asset performance
- Improved work efficiency & productivity
- Reduced asset repair time due to preventative maintenance
- Access to thorough asset maintenance history
- Increased ability to plan inventory needs & manage work orders
- Compliance to regulatory requirements
- Robust security of all critical systems
The Maximo solution has improved DHL’s understanding of costs, activities and effort requirements. The business can also now ensure that the right parts are available at the correct location when required.