Upgrading and developing Maximo and installing Fingertip mobility.
Northern Ireland Electricity Networks (NIEN) own the regulated electricity transmission and distribution infrastructure in Northern Ireland. For approximately 10 years, NIEN have used IBM Maximo to support these assets and activities.
In 2017, Peacock Engineering was selected through a public tender process to upgrade and develop Maximo and to replace the legacy mobile solution of Syclo with Fingertip Mobility.
The key project objectives were to:
- Upgrade Maximo to the latest version
- Replace customisation with configuration
- Provide enhanced asset move & work order functionality
- Provide & fully implement several mobile work streams
- Ensure mapping availability on mobile devices
- Create a user-friendly experience for mobility
Peacock Engineering commenced the project in September 2017 and delivered all scheduled contractual milestones with minimal change over a period of 9 months.
Peacock Engineering overcame many changes during the installation period. We managed significant changes to NIEN’s staff and outsourced IT suppliers mid-project, to ensure that the implementation remained on track.
We also provided:
- Transfer of crucial knowledge to the legacy Maximo system
- Key training to NIEN end-users
- A successful go-live with higher user adoption
Peacock Engineering’s onshore and offshore teams were utilised to intensify and compress testing cycles, which were completed in March 2018.
The solution has been stable, with very few third- and fourth-line tickets raised, providing NIEN with a stable and capable platform for development.
Northern Ireland Electricity Networks benefitted from:
- A faster, more robust Maximo system
- A successful IT project, delivered on-budget and on-time
- Huge increase in work planning efficiency
- Significant productivity / utilisation gains
- Point-to-point mapping functionality for field engineers
The company’s new Maximo solution has the ability to meet new requirements through development, and can be supported by NIEN’s IT resources and the vendor.
NIEN was delighted with the outcome of this project.
What the client said:
“Northern Ireland Electricity Networks and Peacock Engineering managed a tight programme. A Project Board governance process ensured that:
- Scope was controlled
- Cost was managed
- The timescale was closely followed
Both parties can be proud of a clear joint success in delivering a complex project on time and on budget.”
Project Manager, Northern Ireland Electricity Networks